It is July 1945 and although the war has ended in Europe, in the Far East the conflict continues. This Royal Engineers lieutenant is taking a breather with a cup of hot sweet ‘char’. Most of his uniform and equipment is Indian made by this point, including the jungle green battledress, JG webbing, mess tin and water bottle, his anklets and even his mug. His jungle hat and machete are British made, as is his newly issued No5 ‘jungle carbine’.
Laid out the kit comprises:
- Indian made jungle green battledress trousers
- Indian made jungle green battledress blouse
- British made jungle side hat
- Indian made 37 pattern webbing, dyed jungle green.
- Indian made green enamelled mug
- Indian made aluminium mess tin
- British made machete
- Indian made water bottle
- Indian made anklets
- No 5 Jungle Carbine
- Ammunition Boots (replica)